DIY Pinata (March 2019).
Piñatas are a must on any Mexican Fiesta. How to make Piñatas by yourself is explained in this article. So the next birthday party is guaranteed to be a special experience!
- two cups of water
- 1 ½ cups of flour
- a bowl
- old newspapers
- Acrylic paints and brushes
- Adhesive (if necessary hot glue gun)
- crepe paper
- colored cardboard
- Rope or string
- In a bowl, mix together the paste of two cups of water and 1 ½ cups of flour. Tear the newspaper into strips about 2 cm wide and 10 cm long.
- Blow up the balloon and tie it up so that no air can escape. To be able to better stick to this later, place the balloon in a cup or a cup.
- Dip the newspaper snippets into the paste, remove it and glue it to the balloon. The paper shreds should overlap about half an inch. Leave some space under the opening to fill the piñata with sweets later.
- If the balloon is completely covered, two more layers can be applied. In order for the piñata to become stable, the paper shreds alternately arrange layers in longitudinal and transversal directions.
- Let the Piñata dry for 24 hours. If the pinata is to last a long time, cover the balloon with another layer of newspaper. If everything is well dried, you can start decorating.
- For the classic version with seven prongs, make little bags out of colored cardboard. Cut out a ¼ circle and glue it together. Decorate with colored polyband at will.
- Fix the prongs with glue (if necessary with a hot glue gun) to the Piñata and additionally strengthen the adhesive surfaces with newspaper strips.
- Now paint the piñata with acrylic paint or stick with crepe paper in strip form according to the traditional Mexican method. Your imagination knows no bounds!
- Prick the balloon and remove it. To hang the pinata later, cut two small holes in the top, through which a rope can be pulled later. Fill the piñata with sweets, stickers, stickers or other small surprises.
Fairytale unicorns are currently the biggest thing for kids. So why not make a cute unicorn piñata for the birthday party? Basically, you follow the same procedure as in the instructions above. Instead of a balloon draw a unicorn motif on cardboard and cut it out with scissors. Use the cut unicorn as a template for the second unicorn, which is also cut out. Finally, you have two identical pieces of cardboard. Now cut out 10 cm wide strips of cardboard. These serve as a link between the two unicorn boards. Glue together cardboard strips with unicorn cardboard. Suitable for this purpose is the double-sided best adhesive tape. Remember to fill the unicorn with sweets. Now remove the double-sided tape and attach fringed crepe paper to it. As a horn, a small party hat looks great. Also, give him tail and mane of colored crepe paper. As big eyes, big shaky eyes look funny. Done is the Unicorn Piñata!
Hang up the Piñata so you can not reach them with your hands. In favorable weather, you can also hang the piñata outside. Blindfolded, each child (or each adult) now has three attempts to hit the Piñata with a stick and, if possible, to break it. Of course, the other children should only follow the action from a suitable distance. So it's always in turn, until the piñata bursts and it sweets candy. Either you let the winner choose something first or all children can take as much as they can get hold of.
We wish you a lot of fun!