Chicken Aubergine & Gorgonzola Chesse recipe Eggplant Cream sauce baked Italian food (May 2019).
If you like meat, you can add ham as needed.
FOR 15 PIECES:
- 3 eggplants
- fine sea salt
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 200 g of Roma tomatoes
- 20 g basil leaves
- (100 g of cooked Italian ham in thin slices)
- 150 g of gorgonzola
- basil leaves
- Wash eggplants, clean and cut lengthwise into approx. 30 thin slices (approx. 0.5 cm each). Salt slightly from both sides. Put on kitchen paper, dab dry. Portion by side in hot oil in a pan from each side for about 1 minute. Take it out, put it on top of each other.
- Wash, quarter and core the tomatoes. Dice the pulp. Finely slice the basil leaves, mix under the tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Assign 15 aubergine slices as follows: first some ham, then tomato cubes, another eggplant slice and finally a piece of gorgonzola in the middle - then roll up. With the seam down, place them all side by side in a mold. Covered and set aside.
- To serve, preheat oven to 200 degrees (hot air: 180 degrees). Heat uncovered on medium track for 7-10 minutes. Garnish with basil leaves.
PREPARATION TIME: approx. 1 1/2 hours
PER PIECE: about 90 kcal, 4 g protein, 8 g fat, 2 g carbohydrates