Discover Roasted Figs with Red Wine from Michael Tusk (March 2019).
Filigree: homemade chocolate spaghetti.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
For the parfait:
- 2 sheets of gelatine
- 1/2 vanilla pod
- 4 egg yolks (80 g)
- 80 g of sugar
- 300 ml of orange juice
- Scuffed peel of 2 organic oranges
- 2 candied kumquats (dwarf oranges)
- 250 g whipping cream (beaten)
For the chocolate spaghetti:
- 50 g of chocolate
For the port wine figs:$config[ads_text] not found
- 4 figs
- 250 ml port (eg Delaforce)
- 4 cl Grenadine (pomegranate syrup)
- about 2 tablespoons powdered sugar (or brown sugar)
- 4 stalks of mint
- Soak the gelatine in cold water. Slit the vanilla pod lengthwise, scrape the pith out. Beat the yolks, sugar, vanilla seeds and orange juice in a bowl in a hot water bath. Dissolve dissolved gelatine in it, add orange peel. Cool mass with occasional whipping.
- Finely chop kumquats. Lift with the cream under the cooled egg-orange mass.
- Fill the parfait mixture into four molds and place in the freezer for at least 3 hours. (You can also prepare the parfait the day before.)
- For the chocolate spaghetti melt chocolate, pour into a squeeze bag. Sprinkle thin threads on a cold plate. Refrigerate.
- Wash the figs, rub dry and quarter. Reduce the port to one third. Add grenadine syrup. Glaze figs in it.
- 3 minutes before serving, remove the orange parfait from the freezer. Pour on dessert plates, dust with powdered sugar. Flush with a gas burner (kitchen shop) until a brown crust develops. Serve with figs, chocolate spaghetti and mint.
PREPARATION TIME: approx. 1 hr.
FREEZE TIME: at least 3 hours