Coffee Caramel Cake with Chocolate Ganache (April 2019).
Chocolate lovers beware: Our espresso chocolate wrap cake is a true work of art for the eye and taste. It takes a little practice to prepare the cake, but the effort is definitely worth it! How do you bake this masterpiece yourself? We have the recipe for you!
Recipe for espresso chocolate wrap cake
Try our other recipes with espresso!$config[ads_text] not found
⇒ Sour cherry espresso jam
⇒ Chocolate Busserl cookies
⇒ vanilla coffee cupcakes
Ingredients for about 16 pieces
For the baking sheet (40 x 30 cm):
- a little fat
- baking paper
- 125 g wheat flour
- 1 Msp. Oetker Original Backin
- 15 g. Oetker cocoa
- 50 g of sugar
- 1 pck. Oetker vanillin sugar
- 80 g soft butter
- 1 tbsp water
- 4 eggs (size M)
- 80 g of sugar
- 1 pck. Oetker vanillin sugar
- 80 g wheat flour
- ½ TL Oetker Original Backin
- 20 g. Oetker Gustin Fine cornstarch
- 200 g forest fruit jam
- 1 pck. Oetker cake cream chocolate cream
- 600 g of cold whipped cream
- 5 go. TL instant espresso powder
- 150 ml of warm water
- some bright and dark chocolate bars
- about 25 g of white chocolate
- Grease baking tray, cover with baking paper and record a circle (Ø 22 cm). Preheat oven. Upper / lower heat: about 200 ° C, hot air: about 180 ° C
- Mix flour with backin and cocoa in a mixing bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and crumble everything with a mixer (stir bars). Using a spoon, sprinkle the crumble on a circle with the help of a spoon to a round bottom (Ø 22 cm) and bake. Inset: middle baking time: about 15 minutes
- Pull the bottom with the baking paper onto a cake rack and allow to cool. Grease the cooled baking sheet and cover it with baking paper, while folding the paper on the open side to a border fold.
- Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl with a mixer (stir bars) at the highest level for 1 min. Until fluffy. Sprinkle sugar mixed with vanillin sugar with stirring for 1 min and beat the mixture for a further 2 min.
- Mix flour with backin and gustin and stir briefly at lowest level. Smooth the dough on the baking sheet and bake. Insertion: middle, baking time: about 9 min.
- Carefully loosen the biscuit plate, place it on a piece of baking paper and allow it to cool with the paper you have baked.
- Place the crumble top on a cake slice and sprinkle with 2 tbsp jam. Remove the baking paper from the biscuit plate and cut lengthwise into 4 equal strips (about 7.5 cm). Brush these with the remaining jam.
- Pastry cream Prepare chocolate cream according to the package instructions, mixing the espresso powder with the cream powder. Spread 2/3 of the cake cream evenly on the plate. Roll up the first biscuit strip and place it vertically on the crumble top. Start the other strips on the previous one and "wrap" the strips into a cake. Possibly. cut off overlapping sprinkles.
- Place a cake ring over it and place the cake in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Put the chocolate slices on a piece of baking paper. Chop the chocolate roughly, place in a small freezer bag and seal well. Melt in a water bath over low heat and cut off a small corner of the freezer bag. Sprinkle chocolate over the tablets and let it solidify.
- Remove the cake ring. Coat the cake with the remaining cream and decorate the edge with a cake crumb. Decorate the cake with chocolate bars and leave to cool for at least 1 hour.