A Christmas cake is part of Christmas, just like the presents under the Christmas tree. We bake a delicious poppy seed this year. Discover the recipe and bake with us!
Recipe for a delicious poppy seeds
- 500g flour
- 30 g of yeast
- 50 g of sugar
- 1/4 l of lukewarm milk
- 2 eggs
- 150 g butter
- 35 g peeled chopped almonds
- 15 g peeled chopped bitter almonds
- grated peel of 1 organic lemon
- 1 pinch of salt
- 250 g of ground poppy
- 1/2 l of milk
- 1 pck of vanilla pudding powder
- 1 tbsp soft butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 100 g of sugar
- 200 g of powdered sugar
- 1 egg white
- Juice from a lemon
- 2 tablespoons roasted almond flakes
- Butter for the baking sheet
Preparation :$config[ads_text] not found
- Brush a baking sheet with butter.
- Sift the flour into a bowl and press a depression in the middle. Crumble the yeast in and mix with a tablespoon of sugar, the milk and some flour to a batter. Dust a little bit of flour and cover the dough in a warm place for 15 minutes.
- Spread the eggs, the remaining sugar, the butter, the almonds, the lemon rind and the salt on the flour and knead well with the batter. Beat the dough until it bubbles and leave to cover for another 40 minutes.
- Boil the poppy with 3/8 liter of milk and let it swell for 10 minutes. Mix the custard powder with the remaining milk, the butter, the egg yolk and the sugar, add to the poppy seed mixture and bring to a boil once with stirring, then allow to cool.
- Roll out the yeast dough on a floured surface to a 1 cm thick plate. Spread the poppy seed stuffing evenly on it, whip the long sides twice from the outside inwards and form a lug. Place the studs on the tin and let it rest for another 20 minutes. Pre-heat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Bake the tunnels on the bottom rail for 35 to 45 minutes. Sift the icing sugar and mix with the egg whites and lemon juice. Spread the warm lollies over it and sprinkle the roasted almonds on the still soft glaze.
More heavenly stollen recipes can be found here >>