No cake is as popular at Christmas as the traditional Christmas cake. If you have little time and still want to bake a tunnel, we tell you here the turbo variant.
Ingredients (for 1 stollen)
- 100 g of orange
- 100 g of lemon
- 225 g soft butter
- 225 g of sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 coated TL salt
- grated peel of 2 organic lemons
- 300 g of lean quark
- 750 g of flour
- 1 1/2 sachets of baking soda
- 250 g of sultanas
- 150 g chopped almonds
- about 150 g of liquid butter
- about 100 g of sugar
preparation$config[ads_text] not found
- Finely chop orange peel and lemon. Stir butter and sugar until creamy and white. Stir eggs, salt and lemon zest, then cottage cheese. Mix flour and baking powder, sift over, knead under.
- On floured surface knead sultanas, almonds, lemon and orange peel. Form the studs (see above) and place them diagonally on a baking tray covered with baking paper. Bake in a hot oven (180 degrees, second from below) for 55-60 minutes.
- Brush more hot with butter and sprinkle with sugar. Lightly press. If desired, dust with powdered sugar.
Saving tip: How to cook and bake cheap