Brilliant Baked Cannelloni | Gennaro Contaldo (May 2019).
Simply boil veal dumplings with asparagus and potato ragout from Italy. Bella Italia comes to your home with Cornelia Poletto and her Italian recipes.
Veal dumplings with asparagus and potato ragout and lemon sauce
Ingredients (for 4 servings)
For the dumplings
- 1 1/2 rolls (from the previous day)
- 200 ml of hot milk
- 1 onion
1 clove of garlic
- 20 g of butter
- 2 stems of smooth parsley
- 2 stems of marjoram
- $config[ads_text] not found
2 anchovy fillets (preserved in oil)
- 800 g of veal mince
- thinly grated peel of 1 organic lemon
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2-3 tbsp small capers
Fancy more recipe ideas? Then we recommend the following recipes:
☞ Beef steaks on cilantro cucumber salad
☞ The best lamb recipes
☞ Chicken breast with fennel
Many more delicious recipes can be found here >>
- 30 g of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg (L), sea salt
- black pepper from the mill
For the broth and the sauce
- 750 ml chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 1 piece of organic lemon peel (about 10 cm long)
- 5 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 4 egg yolks
- 500 g green asparagus
500 g of hard-boiling potatoes
- 10 g of butter
- 1 bunch of chervil
- For the dumplings debark buns, dice. Drizzle with the milk,
let it rest for about 15 minutes. Peel onion and garlic, dice finely and sauté in the hot butter. Finely slice the herb leaves and add to the onion mixture. Let cool down. Finely chop the anchovies. Slightly squeeze buns, knead with minced meat, onion mixture, anchovies, lemon zest, mustard, capers, parmesan and egg. With approximately.
Season 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, pepper and fresh grated nutmeg.
- Remove even portions from the minced meat with an ice cream scoop and shape around with moistened hands. Boil broth, bay leaves, peppercorns and lemon peel in a large pan .
Cook the veal balls in a low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Wash asparagus, cut off the ends generously. Slice chopped pieces, boil in boiling salted water for 3-5 minutes. Drain, quench in ice-cold water, drain. Wash potatoes, peel and cut into small cubes. Cook in boiling salted water for about 10 minutes, drain, quench.
- Remove the veal dumplings from the broth and keep warm.
Remove 400 ml of cooking broth, sift with 4 tablespoons of lemon juice and
stir the 4 egg yolks and whip until creamy in a hot water bath. Season with salt, pepper and the rest of the lemon juice.
- Swirl the asparagus and potatoes in the hot butter and let it warm. Season with salt and pepper. Chop the chervil, add to the lemon sauce with potatoes and asparagus, season to taste. Serve with the dumplings in preheated deep plates.
Per serving: about 680 kcal, 56 g protein, 29 g fat, 35 g carbohydrates
Here you can download the recipe: