Pasta Primavera with Saffron Cream (June 2019).
Light and tasty! Asparagus is the favorite vegetable in spring for many. With this recipe you conjure up a delicious dish with a very special ingredient on your plate: a fine saffron note refines the dish.
Asparagus ragout with saffron sauce, ham and rice
Ingredients for 4 servings
- 1 kg of white asparagus
- 2 onions
- 60 g of butter
- 1 tsp saffron threads
$config[ads_text] not found
The alpha and omega of the asparagus preparation is peeling. Find out here what is important and what should be considered.
- 50 g of flour
- 250 g of cream
- 350 ml vegetable broth (instant)
- 5 tbsp white wine
- Pepper salt
- 1 bunch of smooth parsley
- Thoroughly clean the asparagus, peel and remove the woody ends. Cut the bars into bite-sized pieces. Put in boiling salted water and cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Peel and dice the onions, wash the parsley and finely chop.
- Put the saffron threads, onions and butter in a pan and sauté over medium heat. Add the flour while stirring and deglaze with cream, broth and white wine. Season with salt and pepper. Finally, stir in the parsley and asparagus pieces and simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Serve the finished asparagus ragout with rice and Black Forest ham .