The fresh summer rolls with crunchy green asparagus are ideal as a starter or as a light spring dish on lukewarm evenings.
Fresh summer rolls with crispy asparagus and creamy peanut dip
Ingredients (for about 4 people)
For the summer roles
- 400g chicken breast fillet (tofu as a vegetarian alternative)
- 4 tablespoons of sesame or peanut oil
- 3-4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tsp honey
- 16 bars of green asparagus
- 200 g glass noodles
- about 8 strawberries
- iceberg lettuce
- 20 large sheets of rice paper
- fresh coriander
- 1 lime
For the peanut dip$config[ads_text] not found
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- about 10 g of ginger
- 300 ml of coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- Juice and attrition of 1 lime
- 4 large tablespoons of peanut butter
- First, prepare the peanut dip. To do this, chop the garlic and ginger very finely and sauté in the sesame oil so that the aromas unfold. Then deglaze with coconut milk and add soy sauce, lime juice and limescale. Finally, remove the pot from the heat and stir in the peanut butter to make a creamy dip. Chop peanuts and add them for a certain bite.
- Now cut the chicken breast fillet / tofu into small pieces and fry until golden brown with the heated oil. Season with 3 tablespoons of soy sauce, fresh pepper and 2 teaspoons of honey, remove from heat and leave to cool.
- Remove the asparagus from woody ends and cook until crisp in boiling salted water for five minutes. Quench the rods with ice water and cut into bite-sized pieces so that they can be rolled up well later.
- Now the glass noodles are cooked according to the packing instructions, quenched and cut with scissors into 5-10 cm long pieces. Also chop strawberries, iceberg lettuce, arugula and cilantro as needed to make them easier to roll in the next step.
- Finally, the rice paper sheets must be soaked in warm water and placed on a towel. The chicken / tofu, cut asparagus and noodles are placed along the edge of the leaf along with the other ingredients, refined with fresh lime juice and then rolled up into a summer roll. These can now be well dipped in the already prepared peanut dip and enjoy.
Our tip: The filling of the summer rolls can of course vary. Whether mango, mushrooms, avocado or feta, there is something for every taste.