Pumpkin Spice Roll-Out Cookies and Easy Pumpkin Cookie Decorating (May 2019).
Try our delicious baking recipe for spice slices with apricot brandy. As a place for in between or the Christmas cake table a treat that is reminiscent of Basler treats.
Ingredients (for about 90 pieces):
- 300 g of liquid honey
- 200 g of sugar
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. Gingerbread spice
- 150 g chopped almonds
- grated peel of 1 organic lemon
- 75 g each of orange and citric acid
- 12 tablespoons apricot brandy or orange juice
- 350 g of flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 100 g of powdered sugar
1. Heat honey and sugar in a saucepan while stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Allow to cool slightly. Stir in spices, almonds, lemon zest, orange peel and lemon. Add 8 tbsp marc brandy, knead. Mix flour and baking powder, knead.
2. Place the dough on a sheet of baking paper, put a cut open freezer bag on it, roll it out. Bake in a hot oven (170 degrees, middle rack) for about 15 minutes.
3. Mix icing sugar and 4 tbsp apricot brandy. Take out the cake plate and immediately sprinkle with the cast. Let cool down. Cut the cake plate into pieces (2.5 x 3 cm).
PREPARATION TIME: approx. 40 minutes
BAKING TIME: approx. 15 minutes