Crispy beetroot cookies (April 2019).
Do not be fooled by the simple form - they taste as if they were made by the pastry chef.
Ingredients (For about 48 pieces):
- 220 g of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped pistachios
- 2 tablespoons grated coconut
- 200 g soft butter
- 2 eggs, 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 400 g of flour
- 2 gestr. TL cardamom (ground)
- 1 pinch of salt
Preparation:$config[ads_text] not found
1. Remove from the sugar 2 tablespoons, mix with pistachios and grated coconut.
2. Cream the butter and remaining sugar with the whisk of the mixer. Separate eggs. Stir in the yolks and vanilla powder alternately. Mix flour, cardamom and salt, stir in portions. Knead to the smooth dough, wrapped in foil and keep it cold for about 2 hours.
3. Roll out the dough with a floured rolling pin on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Pre-cut squares (about 4 x 4 cm) with a pizza cutter. Beat the egg whites, brush the dough plate with them. Sprinkle with pistachio mixture. Bake in a hot oven (180 degrees, middle rack) for about 8 minutes until golden brown. Take out the metal sheet and immediately cut the markings with the pizza cutter.
PREPARATION TIME: approx. 35 minutes
BAKING TIME: about 8 minutes
You want to shorten the baking time? Then play our biplane game with baked delicacies: