Marzipan Stollen/ Christstollen Mega lecker ❤️ (June 2019).
Probably the most traditional Christmas cake in Germany is the Stollen. In a classic recipe, sultanas, orange peel and lemon are processed and the dough is formed into an oval before baking. We refine the pastries this year with oranges, macadamia nuts and fruity cranberries.
Orange stalks with macadamias & cranberries
Ingredients for 2 pieces
For the dough
- 125 g macadamia nut kernels (salted)
- 225 g soft butter
- 225 g of organic raw cane sugar
- 3 eggs abrasion 1 organic orange
- 300 g of lean quark$config[ads_text] not found
Are you looking for a stollen recipe without wheat flour? We can serve that!
- 750 g of flour
- 1 1/2 pck of baking soda
- 200 g of sultanas
- 100 g of orange peel (finely chopped)
- 125 g dried cranberries (roughly chopped)
- 4 tablespoons of Cointreau
- 200 g butter (melted)
- 175 g of the finest sugar
- Scrub macadamias, chop them roughly. Beat the butter and sugar in the kitchen machine with creamy foam for approx. 5 minutes. Embezzle eggs and orange peel. Stir in cottage cheese. Mix flour and baking powder, knead. Mix sultanas, orange peel and cranberries, knead with macadamias with your hands.
- Halve the dough, roll out to the thick oval. From the long side to two-thirds turn upwards, reshape. Place one after the other on baking tray covered with baking paper, put a ca. 80 cm long aluminum foil strip (overlapping a bit). Plug together with paper clips. Bake in a hot oven (180 degrees, second from below) for 30-35 minutes.
- Take out the sheet, pull the sheet from the sheet metal. Remove the aluminum foil edge, brush with butter three times, sprinkle with a little sugar each time and let the layers in slightly. Let cool down. Prepare second cleats in the same way.
Preparation time approx. 35 minutes
Baking time approx. 30 minutes