Coq au vin different: we cook with the Hamburg Eliane Muller the recipe for Coq "à la Bière" with vanilla carrots - chicken with beer.
For 4 servings
- 1 bunch of birch trees
- 1 large vegetable onion
- 1 big apple
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 4 tbsp oil
- 1/2 l wheat beer (naturally cloudy)
- 1/8 l white wine
- 1 poulard (ready to cook)
- Salt pepper
- 1 bunch of carrots
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 packet of Bourbon vanilla sugar
- finely grated peel and juice of 1 organic orange
preparation$config[ads_text] not found
- Clean greens, onions and apple and wash or peel. Dice everything roughly and fry with fennel seed in a pan in 2 tablespoons hot oil for about 5 minutes. Deglaze with beer and wine, bring to a boil once. Put everything in a roasting pan.
- Salt chicken parts, fry in remaining oil for about 5 minutes, pepper and place on the vegetables. Cook in a hot oven (180 degrees, 2nd bar from the bottom) for about 45 minutes.
- In the meantime peel the carrots. Halve or quarter lengthwise and sauté in a saucepan in hot butter. Add vanilla sugar and orange peel, turn carrots into it. Add a little orange juice. Cook over low heat for about 5 minutes until firm.
- Remove the chicken from the roasting pan and keep warm in the oven. Simmer casserole, cook to about 200 ml. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with carrots and chicken. If necessary, sprinkle with chopped basil.
The beer to the recipe
Unertl Weissbier - Malted wheat beer (wheat beer) with delicious banana note.