Granny on the Straight crocheted blanket: three shades of blue - part 1 (May 2019).
With our guide mommies can sew a super comfy cotton blanket in pink or light blue for their baby. Such a baby blanket can be a great gift and toy for your little one. Every child will surely close this blanket in his heart and sleep with her like an angel.
With our guide mommies can sew a super comfy cotton blanket in pink or light blue for their baby. Such a baby blanket can be a great gift and toy for your little one. Every child will surely close this blanket in his heart and sleep with her like an angel.$config[ads_text] not found
Dimensions: about 75 x 95 cm
You need: two 80 x 100 cm pieces of cotton fabric (1 x in Minimuster, 1 x striped), a 50 x 114 cm wide strip of cotton fabric in Minimuster for the ruffle, minimart fabric TEA GARDEN by Dena Fishbein, QDF8100-NAVYX about COATS, about 100 cm volume fleece, 150 cm wide, 3 strands of embroidery in blue, 1 needle with lace, matching sewing thread, scissors, pencil, measuring tape, ruler, large glass head pins, tailor's chalk.
Download free tutorial on zuhausewohnen.de.
For the ruffle each 4 strips of 5 x 110 cm plus around 1 cm seam allowance (for two long sides of the plaid) and 4 strips of 5 x 90 cm plus around 1 cm seam allowance (for two short sides of the plaid). For the plaid, a 75 x 95 cm piece of cotton fabric with mini pattern and a 75 x 95 cm piece of striped fabric, plus 1 cm seam allowance all around. Cut the volume fleece to 95 x 150 cm.
That's how it works
1. Half the volume fleece (= 95 x 75 cm) and sew together with the machine in a zigzag stitch.
2. Sew the strips together to a long piece, iron out the cross seams and iron the whole lengthwise in the break.
3. Using the machine, sew two parallel seams at the open edge in the wide set lockstitch and crimp the strip to the circumference of the plaid (= 2 x 75 cm plus 2 x 95 cm).
4. Place the ruffle on the minimo fabric on the right side on the right, with the ragged edge of the ruffle facing the center. Aufsteppen the ruffle edged.
5. Place the volume fleece on the left fabric side of the strip fabric and quilt on a narrow edge.
6. Lay strips and minimart pieces right to right and stitch together with 1 cm seam allowance. To turn, leave an opening.
7. Turn the blanket to the right. Iron the seams and close the opening.
8. Using a tailor's chalk on the strip side, record the quilting scheme: draw two diagonals for this. The first from the upper left corner to the lower right corner, the second from the lower left corner to the upper right corner. Then in each case a center line in transverse and in the longitudinal direction. Finally, two rectangles with the edge lengths 57 x 72 cm (distance to the outer edges: approx. 10.5 cm or 8 cm) and 30 x 38 cm (distance to the outer edges: approx. 26.5 cm or 21 cm) draw. The corner points of these rectangles lie on the diagonals. Staple along the marked lines with small hand stitches and embroidery stitching. Tip: Use large glass head pins to fix the fabric layers when stapling.
Visit zuhausewohnen.de and download here the sewing instructions for the cozy baby blanket >>