Roast pumpkin and shallots with fennel, curry leaves and goat's cheese - Australian cuisine (June 2019).
Fennel is considered one of the healthiest vegetables. We'll show you how to use it wonderfully to make a tasty curry - fiery spicy note included! We have two variants for you: with chicken breast or purely vegetarian with tofu.
Ingredients (for 4 people) :
- 500 g chicken breast fillet (alternatively: tofu)
- 3 tubers of fennel
- 1 can of pineapple (in pieces)
- 1 can of corn
- 250 ml of cream
- 1 can of coconut milk
- salt and pepper
- curry powder
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
Preparation :$config[ads_text] not found
- First clean the fennel and remove the stalk and then cut into small pieces.
- Put the vegetables in boiling water and allow to blanch for a few minutes until the fennel is soft.
- Cut the chicken into thin strips or the tofu into small cubes. Put the olive oil in a pan and wait until it is hot. Then roast the meat hot and season it vigorously with curry powder - here you can use more spices if you like.
- Then remove the meat with the cream.
- Now add the fennel, the pineapple and the corn to the meat.
- Now add the coconut milk as needed. If you prefer not to be so viscous, just add some of the cooking water of the fennel.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve as a main course with rice.