How To Make Crispy Roast Duck | Peking Duck Recipe | 脆皮北京烤鸭的做法 (May 2019).
Stuffed with thyme - a treat.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 ready to cook duck with offal (about 2 kg)
- 1 bunch of birch trees
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 3/4 l of water
- 1/4 l white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 branch of sage
- 1 bunch of thyme
- Sauce binder as desired
- Wash duck and offal, dab dry. Roughly chopping up offal. Clean greens, wash and cut small greens.
- Remove visible duck fat, leave in a pan. Fry the offal and greens in it. Add the tomato paste, fry briefly. Add 1/4 l of water, wine, bay leaf and sage, simmer for about 2 hours.
- Salt duck inside and out, pepper. Add thyme to the interior, add the opening. Tie together clubs, put wings under your back. Place the duck with the breast facing upwards on the grid with the drip tray underneath (2nd track from below). Pour 1/4 l of water into the drip tray. Roast duck at 200 degrees for about 2 1/2 hours. Gradually add 1/4 l of water. Brush the duck several times with the gravy.
- Remove duck, keep warm. Degrease the whole roast stock, pour in the sifted wine and simmer for about 10 minutes. Bind as desired. In addition: red wine shallots (page 85) and potato croquettes (TK, eg McCain).
PREPARATION TIME: approx. 3 hours
PRO PORTION: approx. 630 kcal, 47 g protein, 43 g fat, 3 g carbohydrates
TIP: How to carve duck and goose: first with a sharp knife cut off the wings and clubs. Halve clubs. Then carefully remove the breast fillets from the bones, slice them.