With this recipe of the blogger "Kathy Loves" you can make a gingerbread heart very personal and deliver your love message for Valentine's Day sweetly.
The gingerbread heart
Ingredients for 3-4 gingerbread hearts:
- 125g honey
- 60g sugar
- 3g butter
- 1 egg
- 300g of flour
- 5g lemon
- 5g orange peel
- ground cloves
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 200g chocolate
Ingredients for the garnish:$config[ads_text] not found
- 1 egg white
- powdered sugar
- Food coloring
1. Boil honey, butter and sugar in a saucepan. Then remove the pot from the heat and stir the mass of sugar until the sugar crystals have completely dissolved.
2. The egg is then whisked with salt, cinnamon, clove powder, finely diced lemon zest and orange peel.
3. Sift the flour and baking powder under the spice mixture and stir well. Now the dough must be thoroughly kneaded and rolled out on a floured work surface about 1 centimeter thick.
4. You can now cut out the hearts from this dough or cut them out with a knife if you do not have a heart shape.
5. Bake the hearts on a baking sheet at 200 ° C between 8 and 15 minutes, depending on how big the hearts are.
6. If the hearts are well chilled after baking, they may be coated with chocolate icing.
The garnish of the homemade gingerbread heart
1. Whisk the egg whites with the hand mixer and gradually add powdered sugar until the mixture is thick to firm. Make sure that the mass of sugar does not run away from the stirring hook, then the correct consistency is reached.
2. With food coloring, the sugar mass can be colored and finally distributed with a piping bag on the heart.
There are even more delicious recipes from "Kathy Loves" here!
Also try: strawberry-roses-petits-fours, the perfect recipe for all lovers >>