Cheese is delicious, but hits many people on the stomach. A piece of cheese tastes so good. Try our delicious recipe for vegan cheese made from cashew nuts and get your cheese pleasure back into the kitchen, despite its lactose intolerance or vegan lifestyle.
"(Un) animal" delicious cheese
He is not only creamy and spicy, but also a real highlight on the bun. For many of us, cheese has always been on the breakfast table. But times are changing and more and more people are allergic to the consumption of dairy products. Appropriate alternatives must therefore come from. Like this tasty cashew cheese, which you should definitely try. Regardless of whether you are vegan or lactose intolerant - after all, you always have a spot in your stomach for delicious cheese.$config[ads_text] not found
Recipe vegan cashew cheese
Ingredients for 250 g of cheese
- 200 g of cashew nuts
- 100 ml bread drink (health food store or health food store)
- 2 tsp of yeast flakes
- 1/2 tsp Herbs of Provence
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 knife tips sweet paprika powder
- a little salt and pepper
- 1 small garlic clove (at will)
- 1 pinch of sugar
- Cheesecloth or nut milk bag
- Put the nuts in a bowl with 1/4 l of cold water and soak for at least 4 hours (or overnight, but no more than 12 hours), covering the bowl with a plate. Then drain the nuts in the sieve and brew cold.
- Puree the nuts with just 80 ml of bread drink in the food processor, gradually adding the remaining bread drink until a fine-creamy, but preferably not too moist mass is produced. At the same time, always push the nut masses down from the walls of the blender jar so that everything is mashed evenly - in the end no more nut pieces should be visible.
- Put the mass in a cheesecloth or a nutmilk bag and squeeze out as much excess liquid as possible. Put the mixture in a bowl and add the yeast flakes, herbs, spices and salt and pepper. Peel and crush the garlic as desired. Thoroughly stir everything under the cheese mass. If you like, you can already use it as a cream cheese.
- If you want to ripen the cheese, mix the pinch of sugar under the cheese - this will help you to ripen. Place the cheese in a cheesecloth or nutmilk bag in a sieve and drain over a bowl for about 5 hours.
- Then place the cheese in a plastic wrap (ceramic or plastic dish) and push in smoothly and firmly, cover with a kitchen towel. Ripen and soften the cheese mixture in a warm place (20 - 25 degrees) for 24 - 38 hours, then tumble out of the mold and peel off the foil. Then keep the cheese in the fridge, where it is even firmer.