Honey Glazed Leg of Lamb | Akis Petretzikis (June 2019).
Meat that melts in the mouth like butter. This recipe offers the ultimate treat: Lamb leg sweetened with honey.
Tip: When the roast in the oven stews gently, the meat slowly melts on the tongue while eating
For 4 servings:
- Leg of lamb with bone (about 1.6 kg, from New Zealand)
- Salt, black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 400 ml lamb stock or broth
- 500 g of carrots
- 1 celery
- 2 young garlic bulbs
- 150 ml of rosé wine
- 2 tablespoons of liquid honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 bunch of smooth parsley (chopped).
1. Wash the club, dab it dry. Rub with salt, pepper and oil. Fry vigorously in a large pan all around. Cook in the hot oven (200 degrees) on the dripping pan for 20 minutes. Turn down the oven to 180 degrees. Continue to lob about 1 hour, while gradually adding stock or broth.$config[ads_text] not found
2. Clean carrots and celery, wash them and cut into pieces. Cut the garlic bulbs in half. Distribute it all around the club about 20 minutes before the end of the cooking time and pour in the wine. Season vegetables with salt and pepper.
3 . Remove the fat pan from the oven. Put the club on a piece of aluminum foil. Mix the honey and soy sauce until smooth and brush the meatballs with it. Cook with the foil on the gridiron for another 10 minutes. Keep vegetables in a pot warm, season to taste. Deglaze with some water, pour through a sieve into a saucepan. Bring to a boil, season to taste. Serve the club with vegetables, sprinkle with chopped parsley. Serve with sauce.
Is not the food ready yet? Play our biplane game "main dishes":