A delicious little kitchen with a liquid core - the reconciled star chef Ali Güngörmüs again with his holiday hotel in the Seychelles
Ali Güngörmüs is the first and only Turkish chef to ever receive a Michelin star. Since 2005 he has been managing his star restaurant in Hamburg. The "Le Canard Nouveau" is next to the food famous for its great Elbblick. It's been about ten years since I took a vacation to the Seychelles. I dreamed of sun, beach and exotic food. Sun and beach were great, but my third wish was disappointed. The quality of the hotel restaurant left something to be desired. For example, I ordered extra balsamic vinegar with my salad, which turned out to be a simple soy sauce. And the rest of the food was unfortunately disappointing. After the first two days, I rummaged in the menu - with the thought: "Something must taste." Since I discovered a desserts a chocolate cake. And he was so great that I ordered him every evening until the last day of the vacation. As soon as I was back in Hamburg, I got into my kitchen and started a series of experiments: I melted a variety of different types of chocolate and tried on the oven temperature until the cakes tasted as in the holidays. Because only if the kitchen is properly baked around the outside, but when "piercing" but the liquid core gently flows out - then it is perfect. Sometimes I bake this vacation memory today. It works every time: As soon as the chocolate melts on my tongue, I feel like the Indian Ocean again.$config[ads_text] not found
Chocolate cake with a liquid core
Ingredients for 4 servings
- 120 g of butter
- 100 g dark couverture (70% cocoa)
- 4 eggs
- 160 g of sugar
- 50 g of flour
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- 4 scoops of vanilla ice cream
- Melt butter and coarsely chopped couverture over a hot water bath. Allow the mass to cool slightly.
- Beat the eggs with the sugar until frothy. Stir in the butter-couverture cream little by little. Add the sifted flour.
- Fill the chocolate mass into 4 desserts wrapped in baking paper (each approx. 6 cm Ø). Bake in preheated oven (230 degrees) for 8-10 minutes. The cake core should remain liquid.
- Arrange the chocolate cakes on plates and dust with powdered sugar. Put 1 scoop of vanilla ice cream on the plate. A puree of baby bananas or a passion fruit sauce tastes great.
My tip: Prepare the dough the day before and let it rest until chilled. This makes the liquid core much easier.
Insights into the chocolate world
Here you will find everything about chocolate making! Take a look.
- Chocolate production