Sweating, Sauteing, and Caramelizing Veggies (April 2019).
Mangetout, spring onions, cherry tomatoes - all these vegetables are wonderfully caramelized. From our collection diet recipes and appetizers.
FOR 4 PORTIONS:
- 250 g mango pods
- 1 bunch of spring onions
- 150 g cherry tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon each of chopped thyme leaves and sliced basil leaves
- 1 tbsp of plucked tarragon
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp reduced balsamic vinegar as garnish
preparation$config[ads_text] not found
- Clean and wash spring onions and mangetouts. Wash tomatoes.
- Fry the vegetables separately in a little oil, sprinkle with sugar and sauté in the pan until lightly caramelized. Then stir the mangetout with mint, the tomatoes with thyme and basil and the spring onions with tarragon. Serve everything on a plate.
- Roast the garlic in the pan and sprinkle over the vegetables. Drizzle with reduced balsamico to serve.
PREPARATION TIME: approx. 30 min.
PRO PORTION: approx. 120 kcal, 3 g protein, 10 g fat, 6 g carbohydrates
TIP: Instead of spring onions, this dish can also be prepared with shallots or young leeks.